HACC in-home respite
Our HACC In-Home Respite service provides planned respite for people who are caring for a person with disability and/or a frail older person.
Sunshine’s respite packages are flexible and responsive to each family’s circumstances. Our aim is to provide respite support that meets the needs of both the person being cared for and the primary carer, providing a positive experience for all.
What we offer:
- Supportive staff who will respond to your family’s needs
- Planned, time-limited breaks for families and carers
- Purposeful, individualised, culturally and age appropriate experiences
- In-home or community access that (can be negotiated) is carefully planned and discussed to suit each person’s needs.
- A service that’s designed to enhance quality of life, strengthen and maintain the primary care relationship
A team member will visit your family to discuss and plan how the respite service can be most beneficial. Some families may choose to have a few hours per week over the whole year; others may choose to use their package of support hours to enable them to have a holiday.
To be eligible, carers must:
- Live within the local government areas of Hornsby and Ku-ring-gai
- Be primarily responsible for a frail older person
- Be primarily responsible for a person with a disability 0-65 years of age
Overnight Cottages in Hornsby & Turramurra
A very positive trend in disability services has been the emergence of individualised (packaged) support for some families and individuals. This support recognises the desire for people with disability and their carers to have greater flexibility and control over how they are supported.
Sunshine is delighted to respond by offering flexible respite services to match the requirements of people with disability and their carers.
Overnight respite is a popular choice, and carers who’ve used this service have been very pleased to know the person they care for is enjoying a supportive, happy and ‘holiday-like’ environment.
Other respite options are available. Please call us on 02 9477 1922 to find out about how we can support you through our flexible respite services.